Tuesday, May 22, 2007

bustin' a sag...

so ever since the last time i made my way to portland i've had this growing suspicion that all my jeans are a bit out of style...namely they are old and baggy enough to fit two of me into. so, i've been on a search for jeans and it is turning into a bit of a saga really...well...mainly the saga entails i really need to go look for jeans and it just will not work out. But, that isn't completely true...you see...i could have gone by myself already and searched for jeans but then i would pick out the same 'out of the 90's' jeans that i still have in my closet. I seriously still regularly wear jeans from highschool...let's just say i haven't purchased jeans in a long time and leave it at that...

Anyway...so today another page of the saga continued. I was in school today (elementary school that is) wearing the only pair of jeans in my repertoire that has not been officially named as stylistically problematic...the short of it is that i like these jeans. So i'm wearing these jeans and a little second grader walks up to me and says, "mr. j, are you bustin' a sag?" I was completely stunned and all i could reply with was a, "what??" He continued, "you know...are you saggin' your pants?" well, all i could manage to do is look down and check out whether or not i was indeed bustin' a sag. I was hoping we could both come to a concensus on the issue but my little friend got sidetracked by the fact that i was wearing boxers when he indeed was sure that tighty whities were the way to go. so, we never came to a concensus on anything because how can you trust a 2nd graders choice of undergarments? i mean really...his parents buy his underwear...that totally hurts his argument. And now i am left to wonder...do i bust a sag???

1 comment:

Al said...

I'll have to make note of this when I come and see you. Maybe when I pan handle on the streets for money and go dumpster diving for food....I can gather enough money to buy you a new pair of jeans (cause the food will be provided for).

Say...maybe we can sing a duet together and gain more change that way. Think about it...